Royal Plus Flooring can handle your vinyl project from start to finish. We will help you decide which type vinyl is best for you, either sheet vinyl or the newer and popular luxury vinyl tile and plank. We will provide you with a complete scope of work or proposal to complete the job. We will help with the furniture, remove and dispose of your existing flooring, install the appropriate underlayment if needed. Since different products require different installation methods, Royal Plus Flooring can handle all of your needs, whether it is glue down or loose lay installation
Royal Plus offers a complete line of vinyl flooring from respected manufacturers in the business. Royal Plus’ flooring experts will assist you every step of the way from design to installation of your next project. Royal Plus services all of DELMARVA, including, Fenwick Island DE, Rehoboth Beach DE, Bethany Beach DE,, Ocean City MD, Berlin Md., Snow Hill MD, Salisbury MD, Pocomoke Md., Selbyville DE, Greenbackville, VA, Ocean Pines, MD and Captain’s Cove VA., just to name a few
Vinyl / Resilient Flooring Facts
Your flooring choice needs to reflect your lifestyle and your budget. If any of the following words conjure up visions of your home — wet dogs, muddy footprints, teetering toddlers, Sippy cups, grape juice, spring gardening, volcanic science projects, skateboards or roller blades — you are in the right floor space. Resilient vinyl flooring is a great choice for kitchens and bathrooms because it’s easy to keep clean
Vinyl flooring, also called resilient flooring, comes in so many colors, textures, and patterns that you will definitely find your look. The rotogravure process (a fancy term for the method of engraving an image) that is used to create resilient flooring can imitate wood grain, tile and even marble.
Since resilient vinyl flooring comes in sheets, planks and tiles (VCT or Vinyl Composition Tiles), there’s lots of room for self-expression. An artistic installer can use contrasting sheet vinyl to create large patterns. The tiles can be arranged any way you want them. Think checkerboard, stripes and dizzying diagonals. Or, choose vinyl or resilient planks that look just like wood flooring.
Some of the newest vinyl floors from Armstrong, Congoleum, Tarkett or IVC Flexitec are resilient. They have that cushy “give” that feels so good underfootIf your desire for beauty is driven by budget and practicality, resilient vinyl flooring is the answer to your decorating prayers. You can get the look and durability you want at a price that won’t break the piggy bank.
Before You Buy Vinyl / Resilient Flooring
You’ve made your decision and are ready to select and install your new vinyl flooring. You’ve gone through the descriptions and discovered so many things, such as . . .
- Vinyl is a decorator’s dream and also durable and affordable
- Vinyl is the great imposter. It can look like wood, tile, even marble.
- Vinyl is constructed in layers: the wear layer, the printed or decorative layer, an inner core consisting of a foam and vinyl layer, and a backing.
But before you pick up the phone or click that mouse, there are a few more things you should think about, starting with those layers.
Pick the right vinyl flooring for the space. Ask your flooring expert at Royal Plus Flooring to review with you the manufacturer’s warranty and performance characteristics of the flooring you are interested in. You need to understand that premium products tend to have premium warranties. A good warranty is a great stress reliever.
Vinyl sheets are manufactured in 6’ and 12’ widths and 13’2” from our newest manufacturer IVC.. Depending on the configuration of your room, seaming may be necessary. Royal Plus Flooring can explain to you where the seams placement will be when your new floor is laid down. Certain floor patterns hide seams better. For example, tile patterns with grout lines mask seams beautifully.
What You Don't Know About Luxury Vinyl Tile
By Annette M. Callari, Allied ASID; Chair Holder, CMG
There is a segment of the floor covering market that hasn’t received the full attention it deserves. Commercial designers/specifiers are HUGE fans of this, but what they know hasn’t filtered down to be shared with flooring retailers and consumers at large. Well it’s time to share the features and benefits of luxury vinyl tile and separate these unique products from the mix of other vinyl goods. Luxury vinyl tile couldn’t be more different, not only in how it’s manufactured, but in the total aesthetic and applications.
You can’t possibly have the look, graining, and character of real hardwood in vinyl tile—or can you? Today’s technology in replication processes is the first step in creating vinyl “wood” planks and textured “stone” tiles that rival the real thing admirably. I have been invited to visit some of the top design firms in metropolitan Los Angeles and Orange County, California, and amazingly, what I have seen are beautiful office suites with elegant luxury vinyl “wood” planking or vinyl “slate” adorning those office floors. These top designers can have any flooring material they want, yet so many of them chose LVT. And of course, I had to find out why. Here’s what they know that I want to share with you:
- Incredibly realistic photo replication of natural materials (photogravure process)
- The look and feel of nature’s best materials at a lower cost are a reality of LVT manufacturing
- Brands that offer 100% vinyl material
- Vinyl flooring satisfies Green building standards and earns LEED points in commercial applications.
- Inherent safety features
- Meets requirements of commercial flammability codes, slip resistant requirements…and a menu of other safety codes
- Ease of maintenance
- Simple damp mopping is the recommended cleaning procedure for LVT floors
- Excellent selection of sizes, shapes
- The size options vary by manufacturer, but many styles are available in 12 x 12”, 18 x 18”, 12 x 24” sizes, and planks in standard (3 x 36” 4.5 x 36) and extra-large widths (7 or 9’ widths).
- Naturally water resistant
- LVT floors are inherently water resistant (and fairly impervious to wet spills from above). It’s important to install over flat, dry, approved substrates so that no water seepage occurs beneath the floor.
- Scratch, stain, dent and scuff resistant
- Specialized wear layers most common are 20 mil; Then the floors are coated with urethane to enhance durability
- Cost effective
- Economics factor favorably into the specification of LVT for both commercial and residential applications, giving the look and feel of rich, natural materials at a lower cost
- Exceptional durability
- Because LVT is constructed to withstand commercial wear and tear, it’s probably “over-qualified” for residential use and can handle high-traffic areas with ease. Warranties vary by manufacturer, but it’s not unusual to see 20-25 year warranties on brand name LVT
- More resilient than other hard surface floors
- Because there are multi-layers of vinyl in LVT as well as a resilient backing as the foundation, LVT tiles and planks have more resilience underfoot. It’s easier to stand on for long periods of time AND as an added benefit, it tends to be warmer underfoot than ceramic.
- Amazing aesthetics
- There has been a stunning transformation in the design aesthetics of LVT in the last five years. If you are linking it to “industrial” looking floors, this is where you need to throw away your misconceptions and do some research. This may be the one biggest factor that has caused interior designers to stand up and take note of the new brand of LVT. The realism of the total look, INCLUDING distressed wood finishes, stone and slate tactile surface textures, and even woven textiles imbedded in the wear layers, are grabbing attention.
COREtec Plus® represents the next revolution in luxury vinyl flooring. This entirely new category of vinyl is a great alternative to glue down LVT, solid locking LVT, or laminate flooring. With a wide array of hardwood, stone and slate decors, COREtec Plus® has the look for any style and unmatched performance for any room in your home. COREtec Plus® is GREENGUARD GOLD Certified for indoor air quality to help keep your home healthy and happy.
COREtec Plus® Engineered luxury vinyl plank and tile flooring
- 100% waterproof: COREtec Plus® floors can be installed in wet areas and will never swell when exposed to water and are backed by a lifetime waterproof guarantee.
- Innovative: The patent-pending* construction is extremely stable and will not expand or contract. No need for expansion strips in large rooms. No acclimation required prior to installation, so your floor can be installed right away.
- Durable: COREtec Plus® features a 20 mil commercial rated wear layer for maximum durability. Two coats of our UV acrylic finish provides superiou stain resistance and cleanability.
- Comfortable: Enjoy the look of wood or stone with the comfort of cork. COREtec Plus® is a quieter and warmer floor than ordinary LVT floors, and requires no additional underlayment.
*COREtec Plus® is a patent-pending product exclusively from USFloors Inc.
There is a reason that luxury vinyl tile is gaining huge momentum in the consumer market, and the reasons are pretty well graphed out above. It’s time for you to be pleasantly amazed. It’s still a fairly new frontier in the quest for what’s innovative in flooring. And it’s your turn to make the discovery for yourself.
Royal Plus Flooring is proud to offer the following brands when making your selection for your new flooring: